This 9-day trip will be a balance of microcredit-intensive and cultural, natural geographical experiences. We are purposely having a small group — 10 maximum — so that trip members can get the best experience possible!
- Visiting with borrower participants in the ground-breaking Namaste Business Development with Microcredit Program, which combines business education, personal mentoring, vocational workshops and loans.
- Time at the Third Annual Microcredit Borrowers Conference at Lake Atitlán, which will be attended by about 100 Mayan Businesswomen.
- An exposure to microcredit NGOs and a behind-the-scenes look at how they operate.
Culture and Geography
- Briefings by knowledgeable people on the political, economic and social aspects of Guatemala.
- Exploring the first Spanish capital in the Americas, Antigua, which is a UN World Heritage Site.
- Visiting Lake Atitlán, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Stay at stunningly beautiful Hotel Atitlán with sweeping garden and lake views, located next to the San Buenaventura Nature Preserve.
- Traveling to that marvel of the ancient Mayan civilization, Tikal
For more details and to reserve your spot:
contact Bob Graham